- Singapore Laksa packet
- 300grams of prawns
- Fish cake
- Bean sprouts
- 2 hard-boiled eggs
- Tau Kua (Beancurd)
- 300ml of coconut milk
- 250ml of prawn stock
1. Boil the prawns. Take out the prawns when it's cooked and keep the prawn stock for later use.
2. Prepare coconut milk with the coconut milk powder. We could only find packet of coconut milk powder here so need to prepare the coconut milk ourselves lo.
3. In a pot, add some oil and fry with the Singapore Laksa packet paste for about 3 mins.
4. Add the coconut milk and the prawn stock. Got some Laksa feel already.
5. Add bean sprouts, tau kua, fish cake and egg. Bring to a boil and simmer for 5 mins. Then, add in the prawns.
We couldn't find tau pok here, so used tau kua as substitute.
6. Pour the Laksa stock over the noodles and it's done!
We used spaghetti instead of the thick bee hoon because we couldn't find it here. Verdict is thick bee hoon is definitely many times nicer and suitable for Laksa. Spaghetti with Laksa is a bit weird.
Yums! We are so proud of our final product, though the credit should go to the Laksa packet. Lol..