Skip to main content

Cutie Fiat 500

Finally, after one and a half months without car, we rented a cute cute Fiat 500. Love it!



The car has a tinted transparent roof top and we could see the sky. If it's too sunny, there's the blind to cover us. Love this design!


We have learnt to appreciate and welcome this car a lot more after being car-less for the past one month plus. It's not only because it has a cutie appearance and a transparent roof top that we love, it also makes getting around a lot more convenient for us.

Public transport within Gallarate (the town we're staying) is almost non-existence, so you can imagine how difficult it is for us to get around without a car. Public transport such as trams and metro are only available in big cities such as Rome, Milan etc.

So without a car, it sort of hindered our daily activites.

Our dining choices became very limited. There're only 2 restaurants around our apartment; a slightly expensive but delicious Japanese restaurant which is 5 minutes walk away and a Chinese restaurant, 10 minutes walk away, that serves really salty and yucky food. If we wanted to go to the nice Chinese restaurant that we like and frequent, we gotta walk 30 minutes to get there. And there're other nice restaurants that's out of bounds by foot, I'll probably need to walk an hour plus just to get there.

Another very important activity, shopping at Carrefour to get our daily necessities. There's a small one just 5 minutes walk away from our apartment, and a nothing much shopping center with a medium sized Carrefour which was 20 minutes walk away. But if we want to buy more stuff and want to go to the bigger Carrefour, where Media World, Scarpe & Scarpe (department store that sells shoes), OVS (department store), McDonald's, Burger King are located, it's 15 minutes drive away and we probably need to walk 1 hour plus to get there.

As for my hubby, there's no public transport that goes to his office from Gallarate. So he either gotta car pool with his colleagues, or wake up at 6am in the morning to catch the company bus.

As for travelling between towns, there're connecting trains. But the intervals of the trains are like half an hour, one hour or even two hours (depending on the timing and which town we're going). So we're pretty much tied to the train timing when travelling from one town to another.


This is one thing that makes me appreciate Singapore's public transport and neighbourhood, where hawker centers, supermarkets, bus stops and MRT stations are just 5 to 10 minutes walk away from our house.

Haha. But the next thing I would think of is the car here is so cheap that almost everyone could afford it. Unlike Singapore, where the price of the car is.. Erm.. I dun even feel like talking about it. So there's no excuse for Singapore not to make the public transport and neighbourhood easy and convenient for the people.



Comments

  1. I bought one of those when they first came out here in America and I love it. If anything was to happen to mine, I would run out and buy another one just like it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah! I love it too! It's just so cute that I'm gonna miss it when I need to return it to the car rental company 3 months later. And it's not available back in my home country, Singapore. Oh.. I'm gonna miss it sooo much..

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Salon I Keep Returning to: Studio M KSL Hair Salon @ KSL City Mall

It's been a while since I crossed the straits to pamper myself at JB. Whenever I'm in JB and want to change my hairstyle or give my hair some well deserved treatment, Studio M is always the first salon that comes to my mind. I have visited Studio M @ KSL City Mall (previously known as Govin Hair) many times as I love the great service and friendly staff there. Price wise, it's definitely super value as you are getting top notch service and best quality products such as Mucota or Oway on your precious hair. As a person who always want good deals, I have researched before and hey, there's no way I can find that kind of price for treatments, perm, rebond or hair color using top quality products such as Mucota or Oway in Singapore! Look at my lifeless hair with the uneven hair color. It's time to go Studio M hair salon to pamper my hair and give it a new look! Studio M is located at ground floor of KSL City Mall, beside Sasa. My hair stylist was Ben.

Mucota Omega Rebonding at Focus Hairdressing

I initially wanted to try out volume rebonding at some Korean hair salon in Singapore but the price was really expensive, around $350 for my hair length and I was told that the effect was just like soft rebonding, except that it gives the hair more volume. For my hair length, the hairstylist usually will recommend me to perm the ends to have the romantic Korean feel. But I know I will be lazy to maintain the curls. So I dropped the idea.  I saw many good reviews online for mucota rebonding at Focus Hairdressing. It's located at Cuppage Plaza Level 1 which is just  5 mins walk from Somerset MRT. I have previously tried mucota hair treatment at Creme Hairdressing  (Chinatown Point outlet) and I really love the treatment effect. You can read about my mucota treatment experience at Creme Hairdressing . So i decided to try out Mucota rebonding. I originally planned to take the mucota dyna hair rebonding since it is the cheapest kind of mucota rebonding that Focus offers, it's

My Favourite Salon: Studio M Hair Salon @ KSL City Mall

Do you have the same problem as me? Want to dye, perm, rebond or do treatment for your hair but after looking at the price of the established hair salon in Singapore you just wanna shake head and walk away from the salon. Lucky for me, I found a good, cheaper hair salon with excellent service and experience just across the Straits! At KSL City Mall at JB! Govin has changed it's name to Studio M, located at the same location. Ground floor of KSL City Mall. I had gone thrice and I was very happy with my every experience there! My first and third time there was for hair and scalp treatment and they were really good! The scalp massage was so comfortable, I literally could fell asleep while they worked on my hair! The most special experience was during the wait at the hair wash area. They provided aroma therapy there by dripping some lavender essential oil into the hot water and I nearly slept. My second time there was to colour and cut my hair. Oh my! Their hair colour has