Skip to main content

Japan (Cherry Blossom): Tateyama Kurobe Alpine Route and Last Night :(

We spent our night in Dormy Inn Toyama, to prepare for the next day's highlight - Tateyama Kurobe Alpine Route where we can see the famous snow corridor!

Dormy Inn never disappoints, it's clean and comfy, with onsen facilities and also free supper! A bowl of pipping hot ramen!


We bought the Tateyama Kurobe Option Ticket at Toyama JR ticket office. Baggage forwarding service is also available for a fee while you enjoy the alpine route from Toyama to Nagano (or vice versa). Do note the latest timing you can deposit the baggage in order for the baggage to reach the destination on the same day. You can refer to the details on the Tateyama Kurobe alpine route website. Do also note the opening period of this route. It does not operate all year round, usually opens only from mid April to November.

Lets start our Alpine route journey! There are so many different transport to take! Even taking the different transports excites us hahaha.

From Dentetsu Toyama, we took the Toyama Chiho Railway to Tateyama station.


From Tateyama station, we took a Tateyama cable car to Bijodaira.



From Bijodaira, we took the Tateyama highland bus to Murodo where the famous snow corridor is! Along the way in the bus, we already felt colder and colder and started to see tall snow surrounding us! We were so excited! Do note that private cars cannot enter so it is not possible to self drive to the snow corridor.

The views along the bus journey! I love snow mountains!
Woo Hoo! We are here! The Murodo station was packed with people!! Let's go and explore my favourite, snow mountains and the amazing corridors!

Look at how much taller the snow is than the bus!



Silly things we did when we see heaps of snow hahaha


Pipping hot soup soba is perfect for such cold weather




Continuing on our journey, from Murodo, we gonna take Tateyama Tunnel Trolley bus to Daikanbo and then the Tateyama Ropeway to Kurobedaira. It's totally scenic!









Next up, we took the Kurobe cable car to Kurobeko and a short walk to the Kurobe Dam.
Kurobe cable car to Kurobeko
From Kurobeko, we just walk to Kurobe Dam



After that we took the Kanden Tunnel Electric Bus to Ogizawa, where we took a bus to Nagano.


That sums up our Tateyama Alpine route experience! We collected our luggage at Nagano station and took the Shinkansen with our JR pass to Tokyo. The alpine route is a two way route. Meaning, you can either be like us travel from Toyama to Nagano or you can also choose to start at Nagano and end at Toyama.

The highlight of the alpine route is really at Murodo to see the snow corridor and walk around in the snowy mountains and to enjoy the spectacular views. It is also crazily packed at Murodo. We went in April when the Alpine route just opened for a few days, hence, the snow corridor was really high. The snow corridor will slowly melt away and becomes shorter and shorter as the weather gets hotter. The other stations do offer nice views and it's definitely enjoyable to try so many different kinds of transport in a route! But things can get irritable and frustrating when it's so crowded with people. It's squeezy in the ropeway, couldn't get a seat on the bus, and the crazy long queues. It is advisable to start the route early to cater for sufficient time to finish the whole route before it closes.

On our last night in Tokyo, we stayed in Tokyo Nihonbashi Bay Hotel, a capsule hotel, it's less than 10 mins was from the Tokyo station. Male and female are on separate floors. It's clean, cozy and comfy. The shared toilet and bathrooms are clean and have all the facilities required. Although the capsule is small, it felt comfortable inside doing my own things. But as with any other capsule hotel, you will be disturbed by the alarms of your neighbours and when they climb up and down the capsules.


On our last night, we had a super satisfying sushi and sashimi dinner! It's actually a random shop that we walked in and for that quality, it's not expensive at all! It's very near our hotel, somewhere between the hotel and Tokyo station.

The sashimi were all very fresh and yummy!

Sushi yummy and so so fresh!

I super love uni and the uni here was super duper yummy and fresh, I think I had 5 that night hahaha.

Our chef that night. Despite our language barrier, he was friendly! We ate and ordered some more, ate and ordered some more. The advantage of sitting at the counter.

The first time I have eaten such fluffy and sweet tamago!

We were offered some free desserts by the chefs haha. Yumzzz.. We liked this more than Shiroi Koibito biscuit.

Menu's on the wall.

Cheers!

Will definitely come back when I visit Tokyo again!
Sob sob, last day in Japan, preparing to head home. We saw this and we had to satisfy our Belgian waffle craving before leaving!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Salon I Keep Returning to: Studio M KSL Hair Salon @ KSL City Mall

It's been a while since I crossed the straits to pamper myself at JB. Whenever I'm in JB and want to change my hairstyle or give my hair some well deserved treatment, Studio M is always the first salon that comes to my mind. I have visited Studio M @ KSL City Mall (previously known as Govin Hair) many times as I love the great service and friendly staff there. Price wise, it's definitely super value as you are getting top notch service and best quality products such as Mucota or Oway on your precious hair. As a person who always want good deals, I have researched before and hey, there's no way I can find that kind of price for treatments, perm, rebond or hair color using top quality products such as Mucota or Oway in Singapore! Look at my lifeless hair with the uneven hair color. It's time to go Studio M hair salon to pamper my hair and give it a new look! Studio M is located at ground floor of KSL City Mall, beside Sasa. My hair stylist was Ben.

Mucota Omega Rebonding at Focus Hairdressing

I initially wanted to try out volume rebonding at some Korean hair salon in Singapore but the price was really expensive, around $350 for my hair length and I was told that the effect was just like soft rebonding, except that it gives the hair more volume. For my hair length, the hairstylist usually will recommend me to perm the ends to have the romantic Korean feel. But I know I will be lazy to maintain the curls. So I dropped the idea.  I saw many good reviews online for mucota rebonding at Focus Hairdressing. It's located at Cuppage Plaza Level 1 which is just  5 mins walk from Somerset MRT. I have previously tried mucota hair treatment at Creme Hairdressing  (Chinatown Point outlet) and I really love the treatment effect. You can read about my mucota treatment experience at Creme Hairdressing . So i decided to try out Mucota rebonding. I originally planned to take the mucota dyna hair rebonding since it is the cheapest kind of mucota rebonding that Focus offers, it's

My Favourite Salon: Studio M Hair Salon @ KSL City Mall

Do you have the same problem as me? Want to dye, perm, rebond or do treatment for your hair but after looking at the price of the established hair salon in Singapore you just wanna shake head and walk away from the salon. Lucky for me, I found a good, cheaper hair salon with excellent service and experience just across the Straits! At KSL City Mall at JB! Govin has changed it's name to Studio M, located at the same location. Ground floor of KSL City Mall. I had gone thrice and I was very happy with my every experience there! My first and third time there was for hair and scalp treatment and they were really good! The scalp massage was so comfortable, I literally could fell asleep while they worked on my hair! The most special experience was during the wait at the hair wash area. They provided aroma therapy there by dripping some lavender essential oil into the hot water and I nearly slept. My second time there was to colour and cut my hair. Oh my! Their hair colour has