Skip to main content

Japan (Cherry Blossom): Itinerary and Transport Planning

For our visit to Japan this time round, we only spend 1 day 1 night in Tokyo as we have visited this city last time. We decided to focus more days on other parts of Japan:
- Mount Fuji
- Kyoto
- Takayama and Shirakawa
- Tateyama Kurobe Alpine Route

Our focus for this trip is of course - CHERRY BLOSSOM!

Since we are travelling to so many parts of Japan, we bought the 7 days Japan railpass and make full use of it. We were in Japan for a total of 11 days. Hence, the challenge for us on the planning is to try to visit as many places as possible and travel with trains covered by the railpass within 7 days.

You might be wondering why didn't we buy a 11 days railpass, because there is no such pass. The Japan railpass comes in 7, 14 and 21 days. We definitely wouldn't want to spend the extra money and waste the remaining 3 days.

For transport between Narita Airport and Tokyo, the Japan railpass actually covers the Narita Express. However, we cannot be using our Japan railpass for the Narita Express because we only have the 7 days pass but we were in Japan for 11 days, so our plan is to start our Japan railpass only on the third or fourth day of our trip.

We came across a Narita Express round trip ticket for 4000 yen, that's about 30% discount as compared to buying each way's ticket separately. Visit the Narita Express website for more details on this round trip discount ticket.

Do note that it is recommended to reserve seats for those trains that are covered under the railpass. Seats can be reserved at the JR ticket office. We actually reserved seats for most of the trains that we will be taking for the next few days at the first JR ticket office.

Do also note that the there are certain types of bullet trains that is not covered under the JR railpass, need to check out the train name when planning too.

So with the passes and tickets in hand, our itinerary was planned as such:

Day 1: Arrival at Narita Airport, Narita Express to Tokyo. 1 Night in Tokyo.
Day 2: Tokyo to Mount Fuji, transfer to Odakyu Electric Railway at Shinjuku station and alight at Odawara (not covered by JR railpass). Buy Fuji Hakone Pass at Odawara station. Overnight Mount Fuji.
Day 3: Explore Mount Fuji with Fuji Hakone Pass and overnight Mount Fuji.
Day 4: Start using JR railpass. Took Shinkansen Hikari from Odawara to Kyoto. Overnight Kyoto.
Day 5 and 6: Explore Kyoto and Overnight Kyoto
Day 7: Took Shinkansen Hikari from Kyoto to Nagoya. Overnight Nagoya.
Day 8: Took Limited Express Wide View Hida from Nagoya to Takayama (covered by JR railpass). Overnight Takayama.
Day 9: Day tour to Shirakawa and Gokayama. Took Limited Express Wide View Hida from Takayama to Toyama. Overnight Toyama.
Day 10: Tateyama Alpine Route (From Dentetsu Toyama to JR Nagano), take Shinkansen from Nagano to Tokyo (covered by JR railpass) - last day of JR railpass. Overnight Tokyo.
Day 11: Took Narita Express to Airport and return home.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Salon I Keep Returning to: Studio M KSL Hair Salon @ KSL City Mall

It's been a while since I crossed the straits to pamper myself at JB. Whenever I'm in JB and want to change my hairstyle or give my hair some well deserved treatment, Studio M is always the first salon that comes to my mind. I have visited Studio M @ KSL City Mall (previously known as Govin Hair) many times as I love the great service and friendly staff there. Price wise, it's definitely super value as you are getting top notch service and best quality products such as Mucota or Oway on your precious hair. As a person who always want good deals, I have researched before and hey, there's no way I can find that kind of price for treatments, perm, rebond or hair color using top quality products such as Mucota or Oway in Singapore! Look at my lifeless hair with the uneven hair color. It's time to go Studio M hair salon to pamper my hair and give it a new look! Studio M is located at ground floor of KSL City Mall, beside Sasa. My hair stylist was Ben.

Mucota Omega Rebonding at Focus Hairdressing

I initially wanted to try out volume rebonding at some Korean hair salon in Singapore but the price was really expensive, around $350 for my hair length and I was told that the effect was just like soft rebonding, except that it gives the hair more volume. For my hair length, the hairstylist usually will recommend me to perm the ends to have the romantic Korean feel. But I know I will be lazy to maintain the curls. So I dropped the idea.  I saw many good reviews online for mucota rebonding at Focus Hairdressing. It's located at Cuppage Plaza Level 1 which is just  5 mins walk from Somerset MRT. I have previously tried mucota hair treatment at Creme Hairdressing  (Chinatown Point outlet) and I really love the treatment effect. You can read about my mucota treatment experience at Creme Hairdressing . So i decided to try out Mucota rebonding. I originally planned to take the mucota dyna hair rebonding since it is the cheapest kind of mucota rebonding that Focus offers, it's

My Favourite Salon: Studio M Hair Salon @ KSL City Mall

Do you have the same problem as me? Want to dye, perm, rebond or do treatment for your hair but after looking at the price of the established hair salon in Singapore you just wanna shake head and walk away from the salon. Lucky for me, I found a good, cheaper hair salon with excellent service and experience just across the Straits! At KSL City Mall at JB! Govin has changed it's name to Studio M, located at the same location. Ground floor of KSL City Mall. I had gone thrice and I was very happy with my every experience there! My first and third time there was for hair and scalp treatment and they were really good! The scalp massage was so comfortable, I literally could fell asleep while they worked on my hair! The most special experience was during the wait at the hair wash area. They provided aroma therapy there by dripping some lavender essential oil into the hot water and I nearly slept. My second time there was to colour and cut my hair. Oh my! Their hair colour has