Skip to main content

After Watching Avengers: Endgame

Spoilers Alert! So skip this post if you have not watched Avengers: Endgame.

P.S. This post is more of my own feelings after watching Endgame, an avenue for me to vent my feelings, not so much of review or anything.

I am one of those who have watched all the 21 movies that led up to Endgame. I felt a sense of emptiness when Endgame ended. Don't get me wrong, Endgame is great, it did a great job of linking the past stories and as a closure for this phase of the MCU. I felt empty because, I am at the stage of thinking what should I do now that the characters that I have been watching for so many years will no longer have new movies coming up. Iron Man and Captain America especially, with this ending, it is quite unlikely that they will have their movies anymore.

So what Endgame got me started was, I began watching back all the past movies. Captain America -  The First Avengers, Thor series, The Avengers, Age of Ultron, Guardians of the Galaxies series and many others to seek the details that link the infinity stones and the movies together. I find that re-watching these movies gave me new insights, details that I ignored when I first watched them. Now that I watched again, I get this new satisfaction haha.

Okay, my thoughts and feelings on Endgame and the characters now.

In the very beginning of the movie, we saw how Tony was dejected as his oxygen could only last for 1 more day. And then, we saw Captain Marvel! That was the first clap in the cinema.

Following that was Iron man venting his anger and feelings. The team found Thanos and Thor finally 'gone for the head' and killed Thanos. But this did not change anything. Everyone was depressed for the next 5 years. Until the screen showed a mouse stepping on some machine and ant man was out! Hmmm.. So, the universe was saved by a mouse!

After that the Avengers explored on a time heist to collect all the infinity stones. They need stories of where were the infinity stones at which point in time from Nebula and Thor as they only knew the 3 stones that were in New York in The Avengers 2012. This part of the movie is like bringing us back and linking us to the past movies, that's when it made me wanna watch back the movies to understand the movement of the stones throughout the MCU. A funny part was Nebula and war machine were sent to Morag to get the power stone. Here, we saw Starlord dancing and singing into a lizard hahaha. That got me wanna re-watch Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 1 again.

The avengers of course got all the infinity stones and Hulk snap it because he's the one that can take the impact of the gamma energy and because the drunkard Thor is not in the right mind to do it. haha.

That's where no one realise that the Nebula that returned from Morag was the year 2014 Nebula who was evil and wanted to please Thanos. So she used the Pym serum to bring Thanos to present time. Does anyone has the same question as me? How did she manage to bring Thanos, the current Nebula and Gamora and the whole army troop to present time with the limited amount of Pym serum that Captain America stole from 1970s?

Okay, but because Thanos was able to bring a whole troop of army over, that's why there is the epic final battle.

The really 'Shiok!' moment of Endgame was when Doctor Strange and the sorcerers brought back all those who have been dusted! That moment really brought a tear to my eyes and claps echoing in the cinema. This is really an epic final battle! But we dun have much time to be touched and tear because immediately, the big fight came! Hey, we've got a powerful villain to fight!

So the main point of the fight is Thanos wanted to get his hands on the infinity gauntlet and the avengers have to prevent him from getting it, so they are trying to bring the gauntlet to Ant Man's bus to transport it to some other time. Ultimately, Thanos still got the infinity gauntlet on his hand. As the gauntlet was created by Iron man, he managed to transfer the gauntlet to his own hand. He has no choice but to snap when Doctor Strange indicate to him the 1 chance that he saw they won is now. The scene of Iron Man dying made me teared. He was once a selfish man but now he's willing to sacrifice to save everyone. In the beginning of Endgame, he didn't want to be part of it because he has a family and he dun want to change anything.

Okay, now go on to what I feel about some of the characters.

Iron Man - He started out as an arrogant and selfish billionaire in the first Iron Man movie, but in Endgame, he sacrifice himself to save everyone. The fact that he now has a wife and a cute daughter just made it more heart wrenching to me when he died. I have been thinking could it be someone else who can withstand the gamma energy to snap the gauntlet to turn Thanos and his minions into dust instead of him? Aha.. Captain Marvel! In the last battle, the gauntlet was passed between many people when trying to transport the gauntlet to the Ant Man's bus. After Captain Marvel appeared, she took over the task of bringing the gauntlet to the bus. Well, she's the most unstoppable. If ultimately, the way to stop Thanos was to kill him, then at that point of time, she could have just wear the gauntlet herself and snap to turn Thanos and minions into dust. Given her powers, the snap could not do much harm to her. But I get that, it's more impactful for Iron Man to do it and it's sort of like a tribute to the original avengers and the honour to end the villain for this phase of the MCU should belong to them.

Captain America - There were 2 things that Cap did in Endgame that garners applause in the cinema. He finally wielded Thor's hammer! And Thor was shouting "I knew it!" It's funny because in 'Age of Ultron', Thor was so afraid that some one could wield his hammer hahaha. And Cap finally shouted "Avengers.. Assemble!" directly after that epic moment of the return of all those that were dusted. At the end, Cap said that he went back and lived his life and grew old, we also saw a glimpse of him dancing with Peggy Carter. I guess that's a nice ending for Cap as that's what he always wanted. He passed the baton to Sam but.. the Captain America image in my heart will always be the one by Chris Evans. I'm not sure if I will be used to the Sam version of Captain America in future. I am quite sad that I wont be seeing Chris Evans as Cap anymore.

Thor - The Thor in Endgame was just.. HILARIOUS! Haha.. It added a comedy effect to the show, I guessed he helped to lighten the mood. A beer bellied, drunkard Thor is not what I expected. In the end battle, he still put up a good fight, but somehow, I felt he was mightier in Infinity War. I think it's to tell us that even gods need to train and maintain muscles and stamina lol. At the end of Endgame, we saw Thor joining Guardians of the Galaxy, hopefully we can still see Thor in future movies - Asgardians of the Galaxy maybe?

Hulk - Hulk is another comedian in the show! All smiley and cute haha. He's the one who snap to bring back all those dusted and injured an arm. Such strong gamma energy, it's no wonder it killed iron man who is just a human. Nothing much concluded for Hulk at the end so I guess we will still see him?

Black Widow and Hawkeye - When retrieving the soul stone at Vormir, the 2 fight to sacrifice and in the end, it's black widow who jumped. All along I dun have much towards Hawkeye. So I kind of felt sad that it's Black Widow who jumped. But Hawkeye does have a family if they managed to 'un-dust'. So, no comments here, but hey, at least honour Black Widow in the end? Iron Man has a funeral but nothing about Black Widow was mentioned other than the Avengers shouting at each other to say no way to bring her back in the middle of the movie.

Wanda Maximoff - Woah! I was truly impressed by her power when she went one on one with Thanos in the middle of the final battle in Endgame. I knew she was powerful when she's able to sweep away a whole lot of Thanos' minions in Infinity War. But one on one with Thanos and she's the one who made Thanos panic and called for help to activate his spaceship shooting, that's another level. I think she would have killed Thanos (without Infinity stones) if Thanos didn't ask for help. She's one of the new character that I liked more hehe.

Captain Marvel - I seriously thought Captain Marvel would have more participation in Endgame. I guessed if Captain Marvel appeared early when the 3, Iron Man, Captain America and Thor were fighting one Thanos, they would have won too easily. So she appeared only at the last minute to destroy Thanos spaceship and only fight Thanos when he already got the gauntlet on his hand. I was thinking what would happen if she didn't take on the task of bringing the gauntlet to the Ant Man bus but instead immediately join forces with Wanda to fight Thanos while the rest of the Avengers protect the gauntlet and dun let Thanos and his minions get it until Wanda and Captain Marvel kill him. Will this be a better strategy? At the moment, Captain Marvel seemed too aloof for me to like her. So will have to see how her character pan out in future movies.

Thanos - He's the big villain in the show as he wanted to snap away half of the population in the universe. His intention was to solve the problem of over-population and reduce suffering. I have to say his intention was not totally evil, he's not killing for the sake of killing. In Endgame, after 5 years since the snap, Captain America did say that there's less pollution, which shows that what Thanos did paid off. Sometimes, when it's too crowded or when I watched documentaries of global warming, pollution and animals at the brim of extinction like polar bears, I will think of Thanos. Hahaha.

Sure, they said giving the original avengers an end is for the new avengers to take over. I still have the most affection for the original Avengers, but I heard the new avengers will be more powerful. I can see that with Captain Marvel on board. But probably will take time for me to get over the original avengers and like the new team as much as the original.

I think I could keep rewinding and watching Endgame because there were many "Shiok!" or touching moments that I can re-watch and re-watch and re-watch...

Okay, lemme continue to re-watch the 21 avengers movies and reminisce.

Bye!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Salon I Keep Returning to: Studio M KSL Hair Salon @ KSL City Mall

It's been a while since I crossed the straits to pamper myself at JB. Whenever I'm in JB and want to change my hairstyle or give my hair some well deserved treatment, Studio M is always the first salon that comes to my mind. I have visited Studio M @ KSL City Mall (previously known as Govin Hair) many times as I love the great service and friendly staff there. Price wise, it's definitely super value as you are getting top notch service and best quality products such as Mucota or Oway on your precious hair. As a person who always want good deals, I have researched before and hey, there's no way I can find that kind of price for treatments, perm, rebond or hair color using top quality products such as Mucota or Oway in Singapore! Look at my lifeless hair with the uneven hair color. It's time to go Studio M hair salon to pamper my hair and give it a new look! Studio M is located at ground floor of KSL City Mall, beside Sasa. My hair stylist was Ben.

Mucota Omega Rebonding at Focus Hairdressing

I initially wanted to try out volume rebonding at some Korean hair salon in Singapore but the price was really expensive, around $350 for my hair length and I was told that the effect was just like soft rebonding, except that it gives the hair more volume. For my hair length, the hairstylist usually will recommend me to perm the ends to have the romantic Korean feel. But I know I will be lazy to maintain the curls. So I dropped the idea.  I saw many good reviews online for mucota rebonding at Focus Hairdressing. It's located at Cuppage Plaza Level 1 which is just  5 mins walk from Somerset MRT. I have previously tried mucota hair treatment at Creme Hairdressing  (Chinatown Point outlet) and I really love the treatment effect. You can read about my mucota treatment experience at Creme Hairdressing . So i decided to try out Mucota rebonding. I originally planned to take the mucota dyna hair rebonding since it is the cheapest kind of mucota rebonding that Focus offers, it's

My Favourite Salon: Studio M Hair Salon @ KSL City Mall

Do you have the same problem as me? Want to dye, perm, rebond or do treatment for your hair but after looking at the price of the established hair salon in Singapore you just wanna shake head and walk away from the salon. Lucky for me, I found a good, cheaper hair salon with excellent service and experience just across the Straits! At KSL City Mall at JB! Govin has changed it's name to Studio M, located at the same location. Ground floor of KSL City Mall. I had gone thrice and I was very happy with my every experience there! My first and third time there was for hair and scalp treatment and they were really good! The scalp massage was so comfortable, I literally could fell asleep while they worked on my hair! The most special experience was during the wait at the hair wash area. They provided aroma therapy there by dripping some lavender essential oil into the hot water and I nearly slept. My second time there was to colour and cut my hair. Oh my! Their hair colour has