Skip to main content

Recommended fusion fine dining @ The Clan Restaurant

The Clan Restaurant
Address: 1 Selegie Road #02-01, POMO, Singapore 188306

The Clan Restaurant - Nice deco and ambience
Few years back, we tried Dozo which is a Japanese-French fusion restaurant located at Valley Point Shopping Center along River Valley Road and fell in love with it. It was priced reasonably for the wonderful food, service and ambience for a 6 or 7 course set.

However, last year, when we wanted to revisit Dozo, we realised that it was closed! After researching online, we found a similar recommendation by Hungry Go Where - The Clan Restaurant. The standard of the food, service and ambience was comparable to Dozo! We felt so satisfied after meal there.

We went for the weekend 5 course lunch which was priced at $$49.80++ which we think is very very worth it given the quality of the food and service.

Upon entering the restaurant, we were given the welcome drink - cranberry and apple ice.
From the side dish, to soup, to the main dish and dessert, they have a wide variety for customers to choose from. You can find the menu here. But do note that the actual menu might differ from the website one as they changes the menu from time to time.

Chef selection: (from left) prawns with some sauce, scallop with lobster sauce and foie gras chawanmushi. I especially love the scallop with lobster sauce. The lobster sauce was so nice! I wanted to lick the plate hahaha.
Next comes the side dishes, they were perfect!!

Herbs and mushroom escargot. It was so tasty and fragrance. I only managed to eat one escargot coz hubby ate it all without leaving more for me!  >.<
Kurobuta pork belly confit with passion fruit sauce. The waiter told us that the pork belly was sous vide for 12 hours before serving. The pork belly was so tender!! And the passion fruit sauce which tasted sour sweet makes the pork belly dun feel oily at all.

Pan seared foie gras with toasted bread. OMG! This is one of the nicest and most 香 foie gras I have ever eaten. The foie gras was really nicer than those which I had at other restaurants or cafes. Super yummy!

Next comes the soup.

Salmon miso soup infused with Yuzu. Hubby loved the special taste of this soup. It felt refreshing as it has a tinge of the yuzu taste.

But I loved my seafood bisque more! It a whole mouthful of seafood flavour when u drink the soup!
The waiter recommended 2 other soups which were their specialties, mushroom soup and ginseng chicken consomme. Ok, we will try these 2 soups the next time we come.

Next up are the mains!

Miso cod with risotto. Both hubby and I so so so love this dish! The cod was so tender and tasted so nice with the miso taste. The risotto was very well cooked with the miso taste as well. I will really give this dish 100 marks. The waiter told us that this was a new addition to the menu, previously it was baked cod with some stuff which i can't remember. I'm really glad that they have this in their new menu!

Prime beef short ribs on Hoba leaf with peppercorn sauce on hot stone. The beef is so tender and I think because of the Hoba leaf, it has a very fragrance smell when u put the cooked beef into your mouth.
Initially we were afraid that the beef will be overcooked as we couldn't eat all the beef slices faster than it was cooked. but no! The prime beef was so premium that even if it's fully cooked, it's still very tender! 
Chocolate molten lava cake with ice cream. The molten lava cake though dun look very nice, was really soft and the warm chocolate lave flows out. it's so yummy!

Green tea tiramisu. This was quite special to me. Tiramisu with green tea taste and pistachio bits on top for flavour. It's special and nice!

We also ordered a pot of chamomile tea and a pot of peppermint tea at $5 each. Do note that the 5 course set do not include drinks.
Lastly, a very satisfied me! And both hubby and I are so glad that we found The Clan Restaurant! We will definitely come back. Highly recommended for anniversary or any celebrations. Thumb up! 
My verdict: 10/10 *Hooray*


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Salon I Keep Returning to: Studio M KSL Hair Salon @ KSL City Mall

It's been a while since I crossed the straits to pamper myself at JB. Whenever I'm in JB and want to change my hairstyle or give my hair some well deserved treatment, Studio M is always the first salon that comes to my mind. I have visited Studio M @ KSL City Mall (previously known as Govin Hair) many times as I love the great service and friendly staff there. Price wise, it's definitely super value as you are getting top notch service and best quality products such as Mucota or Oway on your precious hair. As a person who always want good deals, I have researched before and hey, there's no way I can find that kind of price for treatments, perm, rebond or hair color using top quality products such as Mucota or Oway in Singapore! Look at my lifeless hair with the uneven hair color. It's time to go Studio M hair salon to pamper my hair and give it a new look! Studio M is located at ground floor of KSL City Mall, beside Sasa. My hair stylist was Ben.

Mucota Omega Rebonding at Focus Hairdressing

I initially wanted to try out volume rebonding at some Korean hair salon in Singapore but the price was really expensive, around $350 for my hair length and I was told that the effect was just like soft rebonding, except that it gives the hair more volume. For my hair length, the hairstylist usually will recommend me to perm the ends to have the romantic Korean feel. But I know I will be lazy to maintain the curls. So I dropped the idea.  I saw many good reviews online for mucota rebonding at Focus Hairdressing. It's located at Cuppage Plaza Level 1 which is just  5 mins walk from Somerset MRT. I have previously tried mucota hair treatment at Creme Hairdressing  (Chinatown Point outlet) and I really love the treatment effect. You can read about my mucota treatment experience at Creme Hairdressing . So i decided to try out Mucota rebonding. I originally planned to take the mucota dyna hair rebonding since it is the cheapest kind of mucota rebonding that Focus offers, it's

My Favourite Salon: Studio M Hair Salon @ KSL City Mall

Do you have the same problem as me? Want to dye, perm, rebond or do treatment for your hair but after looking at the price of the established hair salon in Singapore you just wanna shake head and walk away from the salon. Lucky for me, I found a good, cheaper hair salon with excellent service and experience just across the Straits! At KSL City Mall at JB! Govin has changed it's name to Studio M, located at the same location. Ground floor of KSL City Mall. I had gone thrice and I was very happy with my every experience there! My first and third time there was for hair and scalp treatment and they were really good! The scalp massage was so comfortable, I literally could fell asleep while they worked on my hair! The most special experience was during the wait at the hair wash area. They provided aroma therapy there by dripping some lavender essential oil into the hot water and I nearly slept. My second time there was to colour and cut my hair. Oh my! Their hair colour has