Skip to main content

Weekend trip to Turin..

My hubby's Italian friends had recommended this place for us to explore during the weekend. Turin is the second major business city in Northern Italy. The biggest is of course, Milan. Turin is known as the Automobile capital of Italy. It is the headquarters of automobile manufacturers such as Fiat, Lancia and Alfa Romeo. We had heard raves about the Automobile museum in Turin, so we went to take a look at that.

It's a big museum and there's a nice little cafe in it. We bought the tickets which cost 8 Euros per person. The staff at the counter told us that the exhibits were at Level 1, 2 and 3, and we were to start from level 2 first. Okay. and we thought that it would be another boring museum with only 3 stories and it would be good enough if we could spend a good 1 hour here. But the museum truly surprised us and we spent 2.5 hours in the end.

It first showed us how cars were invented and the mechanisms of the oldest car.


Next, we came to the exhibits of cars in the 18th century. It's quite interesting to know that some of the automobile manufacturers that we know today like Renault, Fiat, Michelin tires actually started the business way back in the 18th century.

Fiat car in the 18th century

Michelin tires back in those days

In the early 19th century, the size of cars were huge..

Mercedes Benz in those days..

Cutie Fiat Multipla in the mid 19th century!

The museum also showed us the difference between American cars and European cars after World War 2. American cars were a lot bigger and more luxury, while European cars were small and basic.

After that, we were brought to more recent times..

The sexy Jaguar..

And Red Hot Ferrari..

We were done with level 2. Once we reached level 3, we came to the super cool part of the museum. The floor board was a lighted panel showing the map of Turin and the rise and fall of the automobile manufacturers..

Hahaha.. There's this place in the museum where we sat on a chair and pulled the "metal cage" down to watch TV commercials of automobiles from the past.. This scene looked quite funny..

There's also a small ride to show you how cars were manufactured..

Us.. On the ride.. ^-^

Next, F1.. Time travel.. The evolution of F1..


And finally, cars now..

That's the last part of the Automobile museum. If you are interested in automobiles, this museum is definitely for you! Even a person like me who was not a fan of automobiles was fascinated by the exhibits.
Address: Corso Unita D'Italia, 40, 10126 Turin.


After we were done with the Automobile museum, we went to Piazza San Carlo at Turin.. It's similar to any other Piazzas that we went in other towns or cities..




While walking along the streets, we came across this Gelato shop with long queues. We tried the flavours Crema Di Grom and Pistachio. They were super nice. It's so delicious that we had to eat the Gelato twice in a day.

Omg! Look at the queue



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Salon I Keep Returning to: Studio M KSL Hair Salon @ KSL City Mall

It's been a while since I crossed the straits to pamper myself at JB. Whenever I'm in JB and want to change my hairstyle or give my hair some well deserved treatment, Studio M is always the first salon that comes to my mind. I have visited Studio M @ KSL City Mall (previously known as Govin Hair) many times as I love the great service and friendly staff there. Price wise, it's definitely super value as you are getting top notch service and best quality products such as Mucota or Oway on your precious hair. As a person who always want good deals, I have researched before and hey, there's no way I can find that kind of price for treatments, perm, rebond or hair color using top quality products such as Mucota or Oway in Singapore! Look at my lifeless hair with the uneven hair color. It's time to go Studio M hair salon to pamper my hair and give it a new look! Studio M is located at ground floor of KSL City Mall, beside Sasa. My hair stylist was Ben.

Mucota Omega Rebonding at Focus Hairdressing

I initially wanted to try out volume rebonding at some Korean hair salon in Singapore but the price was really expensive, around $350 for my hair length and I was told that the effect was just like soft rebonding, except that it gives the hair more volume. For my hair length, the hairstylist usually will recommend me to perm the ends to have the romantic Korean feel. But I know I will be lazy to maintain the curls. So I dropped the idea.  I saw many good reviews online for mucota rebonding at Focus Hairdressing. It's located at Cuppage Plaza Level 1 which is just  5 mins walk from Somerset MRT. I have previously tried mucota hair treatment at Creme Hairdressing  (Chinatown Point outlet) and I really love the treatment effect. You can read about my mucota treatment experience at Creme Hairdressing . So i decided to try out Mucota rebonding. I originally planned to take the mucota dyna hair rebonding since it is the cheapest kind of mucota rebonding that Focus offers, it's

My Favourite Salon: Studio M Hair Salon @ KSL City Mall

Do you have the same problem as me? Want to dye, perm, rebond or do treatment for your hair but after looking at the price of the established hair salon in Singapore you just wanna shake head and walk away from the salon. Lucky for me, I found a good, cheaper hair salon with excellent service and experience just across the Straits! At KSL City Mall at JB! Govin has changed it's name to Studio M, located at the same location. Ground floor of KSL City Mall. I had gone thrice and I was very happy with my every experience there! My first and third time there was for hair and scalp treatment and they were really good! The scalp massage was so comfortable, I literally could fell asleep while they worked on my hair! The most special experience was during the wait at the hair wash area. They provided aroma therapy there by dripping some lavender essential oil into the hot water and I nearly slept. My second time there was to colour and cut my hair. Oh my! Their hair colour has