Skip to main content

Rush to Florence & Pisa over the weekend..

We suddenly got the urge to spend the weekend away from home, and decided to drive all the way to Florence and Pisa. It's a real rush where my hubby drove almost 350 km from Gallarate to Florence, then another 85 km to Pisa from Florence and another 350 km back home from Pisa, all within 2 days.

We started our journey on Saturday morning and arrived Florence at around 3pm in the afternoon. We stayed at Gourmet B&B Villa Landuci. It was a nice little B&B but it's quite a distance from the Old Town. B&Bs in Italy cities are usually quite hard to find, this was no exception. They don't usually have a main door with the B&B name on a big sign board. These B&Bs are like normal apartments located behind those big, tall and sturdy wooden doors, and you'll need to press on the door bell for them to open the door for you.

Our room. Clean and nice.


Complimentary tea bags and instant coffee powder. The cups was so pretty.


Upon check-in, we walked around 20 minutes to reach Florence Old Town. Most of the Old Towns in Italy are quite similar, with the Duomo and Piazza being the main area. 




For Florence, other than the Duomo and Piazza, there's the famous Ponte Vecchio in Florence. Okay, the bridge was packed with people. So, we took the picture from the side instead. 


There's not much to rave about for Florence Old Town, unless you are interested in museums, like Museo Galileo or Uffizi gallery. So for us, it's just an Old Town with nice architectures, a river, many shops and lots of nice restaurants and bars. 

We went to this bar which was recommended by our B&B host and it's really good. It's full house when we were there and we stand at the bar to have our food and drinks because there's not enough chairs. I would highly recommend Volpi e l'uva.
Address: Piazza Dei Rossi 1, 50125 Florence

Entrance of the Bar

We ordered the ham and cheese platter with bread and 2 glasses of white wine.. The ham was delicious. If  you dunno what wine to order, just let the host know what kind of wine you prefer and they will recommend you some good wine that suits your taste.

While we were there, we chatted with an old couple from UK and they had been patronising this bar every time they came to Florence, and they were full of praises. We also chatted with a group of Japanese students who ordered a plate of toasted bread with ham and cheese that made us drool. It was really nice, pipping hot melted cheese with tasty ham on a perfectly toasted bread. Thumbs up!


While walking around the Old Town, you will see some interesting stuff on their road signs.

Pac-man eating up the No Entry sign.. hahaha..

Behind bars.. sob sob.


The next day, we went to Piazzale Michaelangelo to have a panaromic view of Florence..

Views of Florence Old Town from Michaelangelo


Hmm.. We saw quite a number of David statue in Florence. Here's one at Piazzale Michaelangelo. Heard that the real one's inside the Galleria Dell'Accademia.. 

If you have the time, I would suggest going Piazzale Michaelangelo during sunset. The views would be amazing. We didn't have the time as we were rushing to Pisa after that.


After an hour's drive, we arrived at Pisa. Er.. There's really nothing much at Pisa except for the Leaning Tower and the Duomo. The Leaning Tower of Pisa is one of the seven wonders in the world, so at least take some pictures la..

Leaning Tower. We were intrigued by how it was built.

The Duomo and Leaning Tower

We spent half an hour at Pisa and we were all set to go back Gallarate. Long drive back. -.-



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Salon I Keep Returning to: Studio M KSL Hair Salon @ KSL City Mall

It's been a while since I crossed the straits to pamper myself at JB. Whenever I'm in JB and want to change my hairstyle or give my hair some well deserved treatment, Studio M is always the first salon that comes to my mind. I have visited Studio M @ KSL City Mall (previously known as Govin Hair) many times as I love the great service and friendly staff there. Price wise, it's definitely super value as you are getting top notch service and best quality products such as Mucota or Oway on your precious hair. As a person who always want good deals, I have researched before and hey, there's no way I can find that kind of price for treatments, perm, rebond or hair color using top quality products such as Mucota or Oway in Singapore! Look at my lifeless hair with the uneven hair color. It's time to go Studio M hair salon to pamper my hair and give it a new look! Studio M is located at ground floor of KSL City Mall, beside Sasa. My hair stylist was Ben.

Mucota Omega Rebonding at Focus Hairdressing

I initially wanted to try out volume rebonding at some Korean hair salon in Singapore but the price was really expensive, around $350 for my hair length and I was told that the effect was just like soft rebonding, except that it gives the hair more volume. For my hair length, the hairstylist usually will recommend me to perm the ends to have the romantic Korean feel. But I know I will be lazy to maintain the curls. So I dropped the idea.  I saw many good reviews online for mucota rebonding at Focus Hairdressing. It's located at Cuppage Plaza Level 1 which is just  5 mins walk from Somerset MRT. I have previously tried mucota hair treatment at Creme Hairdressing  (Chinatown Point outlet) and I really love the treatment effect. You can read about my mucota treatment experience at Creme Hairdressing . So i decided to try out Mucota rebonding. I originally planned to take the mucota dyna hair rebonding since it is the cheapest kind of mucota rebonding that Focus offers, it's

My Favourite Salon: Studio M Hair Salon @ KSL City Mall

Do you have the same problem as me? Want to dye, perm, rebond or do treatment for your hair but after looking at the price of the established hair salon in Singapore you just wanna shake head and walk away from the salon. Lucky for me, I found a good, cheaper hair salon with excellent service and experience just across the Straits! At KSL City Mall at JB! Govin has changed it's name to Studio M, located at the same location. Ground floor of KSL City Mall. I had gone thrice and I was very happy with my every experience there! My first and third time there was for hair and scalp treatment and they were really good! The scalp massage was so comfortable, I literally could fell asleep while they worked on my hair! The most special experience was during the wait at the hair wash area. They provided aroma therapy there by dripping some lavender essential oil into the hot water and I nearly slept. My second time there was to colour and cut my hair. Oh my! Their hair colour has